Big Bash League-T20
Updated: January Sat, 2022 By Admin
Match : Melbourne Stars vs Adelaide Strikers
Series : Big Bash T20
Date : Fri, 16 January 2021, 13:45 Hrs IST
Venue: Melbourne Cricket Ground
|►Latest News & Updates ◄|
STA vs STR - BBL T20 - Compose 11 Match Prediction, Latest News, Injury Report and Final Updates after Toss.
• The 40th match of the Big Bash League (BBL) 2020-21 will be played between the Adelaide Strikers and Melbourne Stars at the Melbourne Cricket Ground in Melbourne
Stay Tuned for Updates after Toss :-
Strikers will bowl first
Remove : H Rauf
Select : H Cartwright
VC : Maxwell
Remove : P Siddle, Liam Hatcher, M Renshaw, N Larkin
Select : C Valente, B Stanlake, H Cartwright,
VC : Carey
|►Match News & Analysis◄|
Melbourne Stars (STA) :-
• Stars, the team that looked hot favourites for the BBL early in the season has now attained the lower position in points table.
• If Melbourne Stars win, they can go as high as third place as the margin of points is not much.
• Marcus Stoinis and Andre Fletcher will probably open the inning for the Melbourne Stars team. Both are very talented players and played many attacking innings in previous matches.
• Hilton Cartwright, Glenn Maxwell (C), Ben Dunk (WK) will take care of the middle order.
• Glenn Maxwell will lead the Melbourne Stars team as a Captain. He is also good Alrounder.
• Seb Gotch will do the wicket keeping for Melbourne Stars team.
• Adam Zampa and Glenn Maxwell will take care of the spin bowling of the team.
• Haris Rauf , Liam Hatcher and Sam Rainbird will lead the pace attack of the team.
Adelaide Strikers (STR) : -
• Adelaide Strikers have lost their way after having good run in the tournament.
• They would want to win this game and get their chances high for points table.
• Philip Salt and Matt Renshaw will probably open the inning for the STR team. Both are well known inning openers.
• Alex Carey (C & WK), Jonathan Wells, Jake Weatherald will take care of the middle order.
• Ryan Gibson, Daniel Worrall will be handy in death overs.
• Alex Carey will lead the STR team as a Captain. He will also do wicket keeping for his team.
• Danny Briggs will lead the spin attack of the team.
• Harry Conway , Wes Agar, Peter Siddle will take care of the pace attack for his team.
Last 5 Head to Head:
STA: 2 Won
STR: 3 Won
• Alex Carey has scored 279 runs, with his average being over 35. He is having a good tournament so far.
• Glenn Maxwell has struggled with consistency, when he gets going, Mad Max is hard to stop. He has scored 255 runs at a strike rate of over 150.
• Marcus Stoinis has scored 277 runs and has a strike rate of 160, he would like to score some more runs for his team.
• Adam Zampa has picked up 12 wickets, which is the most by any Melbourne Stars player.
• Wes Agar is the highest wicket-taker for Adelaide Strikers, having scalped 17 wickets.
• In wicket keeping, Alex Carey will be best choice.
• Fast bowlers may play major role on this pitch due to cloudy conditions.
• Captain Options – Glenn Maxwell, Marcus Stoinis
• Vice-Captain Options – Alex Carey, M Renshaw
The track at the MCG is good one for batting, howevever cloudy conditions will help bowlers.
The weather will be cloudy and there are 60% chances of rain.
Venue Scoring Stats:
|Batting first won:||5|
|Bowling first won:||7|
|1st inn avg score:||139|
|2nd inn avg score:||131|
Melbourne Stars Squad :
Andre Fletcher, Marcus Stoinis, Nick Larkin, Glenn Maxwell(C), Nic Maddinson, Hilton Cartwright, Seb Gotch(WK), Adam Zampa, Sam Rainbird, Liam Hatcher, Haris Rauf, Jackson Coleman, Lance Morris, Nicholas Pooran(WK), Will Pucovski, Tom OConnell, Zahir Khan, Billy Stanlake, Ben Dunk(WK), Nathan Coulter-Nile, Clint Hinchliffe, Sam Elliot
STR Squad :
Matt Renshaw, Philip Salt, Alex Carey(WK)(C), Jonathan Wells, Jake Weatherald, Ryan Gibson, Daniel Worrall, Danny Briggs, Peter Siddle, Wes Agar, Harry Conway, Travis Head, Liam Scott, Rashid-Khan, Harry Nielsen(WK), Michael Neser, Spencer Johnson, Liam OConnor, Matthew Short, Cameron Valente
Team Note :
Note : - 1. This team is based on the understanding, analysis and instinct of the Expert.
Match Preview+Team Updated
Note 2 :
Final Team will also be updated on Telegram.
Players Of STA
Players Of STR