Big Bash League-T20
Updated: January Mon, 2022 By Admin
Match : Melbourne Stars vs Melbourne Renegades
Series : Big Bash T20
Date : Sun, 17 January 2021, 13:45 Hrs IST
Venue: Melbourne Cricket Ground, Melbourne
|►Latest News & Updates ◄|
STA vs REN - BBL T20 - Compose 11 Match Prediction, Latest News, Injury Report and Final Updates after Toss.
• In the 42nd match of the Big Bash League (BBL) 2021, Melbourne Stars take on Melbourne Renegades at the Melbourne Cricket Ground on Sunday.
With momentum in hand, Stars would be hoping to get a huge win and climb up the points table , while Renegades will be hoping to find some positives before ending their tournament.
Stay Tuned for Updates after Toss :-
|►Match News & Analysis◄|
Melbourne Stars (STA) :-
• They are trying to make a comeback in the tournament after few bad performances. Stars have won only 4 out of the 10 matches, and one match was abandoned due to rain.
• Melbourne Stars are now at the 4th position on the points table with a total of 16 points. They performed brilliantly and won the last match by 111 runs.
• Opening batsman Andre Fletcher finally managed to play a big inning as he scored 89* runs in the last, and his partner Stoinis has been batting well and providing a good start in almost every match.
• Skipper Maxwell, who got out for a duck in two matches, batted well in the last game scoring 37 runs. Cartwright also appeared to be struggling in a few matches, but he batted brilliantly in the previous game.
• Adam Zampa has been the most consistent wicket-taker of the team, and in the last match, he bowled extra-ordinarily, picking up a fifer. Billy Stanlake has seemed to be getting better with every game. Glenn Maxwell and Zahir Khan managed to pick up two wickets each in the last match.
• Stars have finally managed to put up a good performance and win the match, and they need to continue this momentum and win the next game against the Renegades.
• Melbourne Stars have named a 16-man squad for the match against Renegades.
• Haris Rauf will be leaving the Stars squad as he has been called up for the National Duties.
• Marcus Stoinis and Andre Fletcher will probably open the inning for the Melbourne Stars team.
• Both are very talented players and played many attacking innings in previous matches.
• Nick Larkin, Glenn Maxwell (C) , Hilton Cartwright will take care of the middle order.
• Maxwell shifts his position as per the situations, in the last game he came to bat 1 down
• Glenn Maxwell will lead the Melbourne Stars team as a Captain. He is also good Alrounder.
• Seb Gotch will do the wicket keeping for Melbourne Stars team.
• Adam Zampa and Glenn Maxwell will take care of the spin bowling of the team.
• Billy Stanlake, Nathan Coulter Nile/Sam Rainbird and Liam Hatcher will lead the pace attack of the team.
Melbourne Renegades (REN) : -
• The Melbourne Renegades are having hard luck this season as they have won only two out of ten matches and are currently at the bottom of the points table with 9 points. They had to face disappointment once again as they lost their last match by five wickets.
• Skipper Aaron Finch has been batting decently but has not been able to play a big inning so far in this season. Opening batsman Shaun Marsh has put up some decent performances but got out for a duck in the last match. The new opener Mackenzie has played a couple of decent innings.
• Sam Harper has performed well in some of the matches but has not been able to perform consistently. Fraser-McGurk is looking in good form as he scored runs in the middle in the last two games. Beau Webster batted decently, scoring 50* runs in the previous match.
• The bowlers have been performing decently so far this season. Only Kane Richardson has been consistently picking up wickets, and Peter Hatzoglou has also been bowling well from the last few matches. Imad Wasim has appeared to be handling the spin department well, as he is again picking up wickets whenever he has got the chance.
• Shaun Marsh and Mackenzie Harvey will probably open the inning for the REN team.
• Sam Harper, Aron Finch and Fraser Mcgurk will take care of the middle order.
• Beau Webster and Imad wasim will take care of the lower order of the team.
• B Webster played good knock in the death overs in last game and led his side to a good total, he will be a good pick in GL.
• Aaron Finch will lead the REN team as a Captain. He is also a good Batsman.
• Sam Harper will do the Wicket Keeping duty for his REN team.
• Noor Ahmad and Peter Hatzoglou will take care of the spin attack for his team.
• Jack Prestwidge Kane Richardson will lead the pace attack of the team.
Last 5 Head to Head:
STA: 4 Won
REN: 1 Won
(10 M, 292 R, 36.50 A + 24.5 O, 6 W)
Maxwell is a batting all-rounder known for playing big shots and has a strike-rate of over 150. He can also bowl a few overs of spin if required. Maxwell scored 37 runs and managed to pick up two wickets in the last match, and is one of the top five run-scorer this season.
(9 M, 290 R, 36.25 A)
He is a batting all-rounder and can also bowl a few overs of medium pace. Stoinis batted well, scoring 47 runs from 31 balls in the last match, and is one of the top five run-scorers this season.
(8 M, 29.2 O, 17 W)
He is a right-arm leg-break bowler and bowls brilliantly in the middle overs, and pick up wickets at a crucial time. Zampa bowled brilliantly, picking up five wickets for just 17 runs in the last match, and is one of the top five wicket-takers this season.
(10 M, 188 R, 23.50 A + 2 O, 0 W)
He opens the innings along with Stoinis and can play big shots from the start of the innings. Fletcher batted brilliantly in the last match scoring 89* runs.
(9 M, 159 R, 17.66 A)
Aaron Finch will generally open the innings for his side and play aggressively, but he played in the middle-order in the last match. He scored only 13 runs in the previous game and is yet to play a big inning.
(8 M, 247 R, 30.88 A)
Shaun Marsh generally opens the batting for the Renegades. He was out for a duck in the last match.
(10 M, 36.3 O, 13 W)
Kane Richardson is an excellent right-arm fast-medium bowler and is known for death bowling. In the last match, Richardson managed to pick up a wicket.
(8 M, 31 0, 12 W)
He is a 22-year-old leg-spinner and made his debut this season. Peter bowled well, picking up two wickets.
(5 M, 53 R, 13.25 A + 14 O, 6 W)
He is an all-rounder but is mostly known for his batting performance. Jack was out for a duck but managed to pick up a wicket in the last match.
• In wicket keeping, Sam Harper will be best choice.
• Allrounders may play major role on this pitch.
• Small league Cap choices: Glenn Maxwell, M Stoinis
• Small league VC choices: Andre Fletcher, Aron Finch
• Death over bowlers: Kane Richardson, B Stanlake, Jack Prestwidge
The track at MCG is not traditionally a high scoring one, Anything around 160-165 runs should be a good total.
The weather will be clean with slight cloud. But there is no chances of rain, We can expect a good match between the two sides.
Venue Scoring Stats:
|Batting first won:||5|
|Bowling first won:||7|
|1st inn avg score:||139|
|2nd inn avg score:||131|
Melbourne Stars Squad :
Marcus Stoinis, Andre Fletcher, Nick Larkin, Glenn Maxwell(C), Nic Maddinson, Hilton Cartwright, Seb Gotch(WK), Adam Zampa, Billy Stanlake, Haris Rauf, Zahir Khan, Jackson Coleman, Lance Morris, Nicholas Pooran(WK), Will Pucovski, Tom OConnell, Ed Newman, Ben Dunk(WK), Nathan Coulter-Nile, Clint Hinchliffe, Liam Hatcher, Sam Rainbird, Sam Elliot
REN Squad :
Mackenzie Harvey, Shaun Marsh, Sam Harper(WK), Aaron Finch(C), Rilee Rossouw, Jake Fraser-McGurk, Beau Webster, Jack Prestwidge, Imad Wasim, Kane Richardson, Peter Hatzoglou, Noor Ahmad, Zak Evans, Josh Lalor, Marcus Harris, James Pattinson, Mitchell Perry, Jon Holland, Cameron Boyce, Will Sutherland, Brody Couch, Mohammad Nabi, Brayden Stepien(WK)
Team Note :
Note : - 1. This team is based on the understanding, analysis and instinct of the Expert.
Match Preview+Team Updated
Note 2 :
Final Team will also be updated on Telegram.
Players Of STA
Glenn Maxwell (C)
Seb Gotch (WK)
Players Of REN
Sam Harper (WK)
Aaron Finch (C)